Hello and welcome! I’m Wrenn, your tour guide through, well, myself. I generally call myself a witch but I’m also a wife, a daughter, a sister, and a loyal friend. I sometimes consider myself an artist, I write (mainly fanfiction) and I do other art as well. I am full of laughter, I’m not a sage or a wise elder despite my age as a few of my internal wires are crossed. I wear a lot of hats, as everyone does, I just don’t always remember that I’m multi-faceted.
As for my path, I think I’m a bit of a jack of all trades. I’ve studied with the fine folks at Black Rose, I’ve taken lessons in Feri from vee dub as well as taken classes from Francesca De Grandis. I’ve studied Wicca and witchcraft from the folks at Sacred Mists and I’ve had some learning about the divine feminine with the women of the Order of the White Moon. That’s the formal learning. I’ve also done a lot of reading and my fair share of experimenting with what I want and how I want to do it.
Which makes this blog is a chronicle of what I’m doing, why I’m doing it, and how it all works out. Sadly, it usually takes me a few repetitions before I understand my mistakes, so you might find that it seems like I’m banging my head against the wall. If you notice such a repetition, please don’t hesitate to point it out to me. As the Husband likes to say, it takes big signs from the Gods to get through to me because I can dismiss the little ones. This will contain magical and mundane musings, I’m trying something new and mashing all parts of me together into one contained space.
I go by Wrenn on here, mainly to protect my anonymity as I’m not out about my spirituality at work. Also, because I’m not proud of my past. I’m not going to hide it but I also don’t want to call attention on it. Any questions, just ask. I’ll answer. My spiritual path is learning about paganism, Shinto, Zen, Feri, herbs, crystals, and general witchery… not necessarily in that order. The rest seems to be in constant flux, but here are the basics:
- I’m in my mid 40’s, but I don’t act my age. At all.
- I’m married.
- And I’m a crazy cat lady wannabe.
- I have a wacky sense of humor… I think I’m hysterical, your mileage may vary.
- I’m solitary, but also part of a group.
- I believe in three gender archetypes for Deity – God, Goddess, and Divine Androgyne.
- I work with the natural spirits and elements around me.
- I don’t ‘worship’ nature, but I do believe it’s divine.
- Magic is part of my path. So is logic and the idea that coincidences happen.
- Tricksters are awesome!
- My core tenets tend to remain the same, everything else tends to rearrange itself as necessary.
- I doubt myself all the time. I probably know more than I think I know.
- I love feedback. And I don’t bite.
Why, you might ask, Wrenn and Raven? Well, I’m sure you’ve figured out that Wrenn is your gracious hostess. Raven is a messenger for me, drawing me on further into and out of myself. A constant guide, if you will. Plus, raven tends to sound like raving, which is something that I might (on occasion) be accused. I hope you enjoy your visit.